Monday, March 21, 2011

Oh look, more late-night ramblings...

"Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go." —Herman Hesse

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about the process of letting go. It's scary to leave behind what you've considered safe and familiar for a long time. When you're in the midst of those safe and familiar times, the idea of letting it all go seems ridiculous, but eventually there will be a time when letting go is necessary, either involuntarily or by choice. Because oftentimes there's a delusion that some things will last forever, when in reality, life is change. Things change, people change, relationships change. Sometimes it's for the better, other times it's not.

In my particular situation, I've been disappointed in one aspect, yes, but I'm coming to realize that letting go will release me from the burden I've been carrying around for so many months now, which can actually a very GOOD thing. I'm tired of hanging on to something that is ultimately bringing me down. But like I said, letting go is scary because there are uncertainties and doubts that I can't seem to shake. Like, what if I let go and end up closing a door that can't be reopened? Or, maybe if I just wait out a couple more weeks (on top of the time I've waited already), the situation will rectify itself... 

I know letting go is a good thing. In the wise words of Albus Dumbledore, "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live," or in this case, it does not do to dwell on the past and forget to live. It is just taking longer than expected to reach that point and be at peace with it, but I know I'll get there eventually, and when I do, it will be a freeing day. :)

1 comment:

  1. i love your blog! and you!!! =D
    i feel like you can find solace in not knowing what the future will bring. who knows, maybe somewhere down the line things will work themselves out.
    also, i forgot i had a blog on here. thanks for reminding me of it! xD

    ReplyDelete