Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pride

It's one of the Seven Deadly Sins, and I absolutely believe one could argue it to be the worst. I'm not actually going to do that in my blog, but I do think that pride (negative pride, not "I'm so proud of myself for setting the world record for the fastest assembled bookshelf!" pride) can really be horrible. I'm thinking pride in terms of, "I need help (mentally or physically), but I'm too proud to let others see me as vulnerable," or, "I would like to apologize, but I'm too proud to confess to a wrongdoing." It's times like these where I'm not angered by pride (which, coincidentally, is also one of the Seven Deadly Sins), but rather it disappoints me. It disappoints me that people are so susceptible to pride. I don't exclude myself from that group of people either--I can be an extremely proud person, sometimes to fault.

I just wish that people could put their pride aside, bite the bullet, and take ownership of their actions or emotions. A person doesn't have to be Superman all the time. It's okay to be vulnerable and humbled, and I wish people (myself included) could realize that and act on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment